Picanha with cherry tomatoes and onions
Choose one of our famous picanhas for this recipe!
Bereidingstijd: 120 minuten
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 picanha (or a tri-tip) of approximately 1.5-1.8 kg
5 tablespoons of olive oil
500 grams of cherry tomatoes
500 grams of pearl onions
fresh, black pepper
1. Sprinkle some salt over the fresh garlic, cut it very finely and make a paste out of it. mix this paste with one tablespoom of olive oil.
2. Nick the picanha lightly with a sharp knife and rub it with the mixture. Cover it at room temperature for one hour.
3. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
4. Remove any excess paste of the picanha. This is to prevent any burning.
5. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil and fry the the picanha all the way around for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Place the Picanha in an oven tray in the oven and cook it for approximately 35 minutes till a core temperature of 55-57 degrees. take the Picanha out of the oven and let it rest for another 5-10 minutes in aluminum foil. This way the picanha will continue to cook.
7. Preheat the grilling pan in the meantime with a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the cherry tomatoes and pearl onions. Sprinkle it with a touch of peper and salt.
8. Serve the picanha and garnish it with the tomatoes and onions.